James A DeMatteis, “Jim Sr.,” started hauling produce in 1951. In 1960, he was a small fleet operator. In 1963, Jim Sr. ran a small fleet and became a Broker for exempt commodities.
In 1969, Jim Sr. partnered with Joseph T Comito and his son Joseph M of Capital City Fruit, Inc. to start Des Moines Truck Brokers, Inc.
Des Moines Truck Brokers, Inc. was created with nothing to sell but service with integrity and a commitment to be one of the fastest pays in the industry. The company was a one-man operation until 1984, when James R DeMatteis, “Jimmy,” joined the company. In 1985, Des Moines Truck Brokers, Inc. became a licensed Property Broker.
Des Moines Truck Brokers, Inc. is a full service third party transportation logistics provider. Our professional staff offers over a century of transportation and traffic management experience to assure excellent customer satisfaction. Our services cover
- 48 States
- Load Transfer
- Dry Van
- Temperature Control
- Multiple Drops
- Expedited Service
- Special Events
Des Moines Truck Brokers, Inc. has delivered over 10,000 truck loads last year. Over 98% were on time. Our reputation for paying carriers fast is second to none. Also, we have a claims ration of less then ½ of 1 percent over the past five years. Des Moines Truck Brokers, Inc. knows that Service is all we have to sell.
In 1969, Des Moines Truck Brokers, Inc. was one of only 50 some brokers in the United States. Today there are well over 4500 brokers across the country. A majority of those have been in business less than five years. Many are carriers who decided to throw up their shingle in order to corner more market space. DMTB has been a staple in our industry for 37 years and brokerage is our only business. DMTB demands good service from our carriers, proof of delivery response time is 60 minutes or less. Loads are monitored twice daily.
Award Winning Performance
Des Moines Truck Brokers, Inc. has been recognized by several industry publications with the following awards:
- Red Book – “Business Character Award” and 4 star rating (the highest available)
- Blue Book – 4X rating on ethics and business (also the highest available)
- Gold Book – recognized as Top 1% of Brokers in the USA
- NASTC – recognized as NASTC Best Broker Since 1994, name Best Broker of the Year in 2009
- Compunet – TIA Gold Broker Award Since 1998
Des Moines Truck Brokers, Inc. is a member in good standing with the following associations:
- Transportation Intermediaries Association
- Interstate Truckers Association
- American Truckers Association
- Red Book
- Blue Book
- Des Moines Transportation Club
- The Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Norwalk Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Small Trucking Companies
- Council of Logistics Management