In honor of Independence Day, DMTB’s offices will be closing early on Thursday, July 3 and will be closed Friday, July 4.
If you have any emergency please feel free to call 515-419-2715
Thank you all for your support, support of our troops and have a safe and enjoyable holiday!
On Saturday, June 14th DMTB participated in the Moonlight Classic bike ride around Des Moines to benefit the children of Orchard Place. DMTB was a Bronze sponsor for the event.
A message from Nancy Bobo of Orchard Place, “With our initial figures just in, it looks like we’ll go slightly over our Moonlight Classic’s fundraising goal of $80,000!! ($10,000 more than last year!!) 607 riders! 100+ volunteers! A great night for Orchard Place!
Thanks to all of you who volunteered, rode, donated, recruited others to ride, and helped in any way to assure a successful event. Now in its third year, the Moonlight Classic has raised more than $200,000 for Orchard Place programs and services. This year’s revenues will be split between Summer School and the Enrichment Program at PACE. Both of these programs are totally funded by charitable support and the Moonlight Classic helps to make them possible.”
Orchard Place Facts:
• Children served in FY13: 7,845
• Employs 359 staff and utilizes hundreds of volunteers each year.
• Orchard Place PACE and Orchard Place Child Guidance Center serve children primarily from Polk and contiguous counties; Orchard Place Campus serves children from throughout the state of Iowa and beyond
• Agency budget: $19.3 million supported by a diverse funding base
• Management and administrative costs: 7%
• Provides school-based therapy in more than 60 area schools and 8 school districts in Central Iowa
• Orchard Place Child Guidance Center is Iowa’s only state accredited community mental health center for children
• Accredited, audited and licensed by more than 10 entities, including The Joint Commission, meeting more than 800 standards of operation, safety and management
Organizational Achievements and Recognition:
• Orchard Place School is recognized as one of top five schools in the nation for children with social, emotional and behavioral needs in study by Lehigh University commissioned by the US Department of Education. 2009
• “Organization of Character”, by Institute for Character Development, 2007.
• Recipient, Des Moines Register’s Aurora Award, for “making an outstanding contribution to the quality of life in Central Iowa.” 2006.
• Recipient, “Community Champion Award” by the Greater Des Moines Partnership for “championing a high quality of life for Greater Des Moines.” 2006.
Congratulations to Whitney for successfully completing the Iowa Motor Truck Association’s Leadership Class! DMTB has great respect for the program. Jimmy, Ben, Eric and now Whitney have all completed the Leadership Class.
For More Information –
Iowa Motor Truck Association
Des Moines, Iowa – Whitney DeMatteis, Des Moines Truck Brokers recently completed a four-session Leadership Class hosted by the Iowa Motor Truck Association.
The Iowa Motor Truck Association was established in 1942 and has been the voice of the trucking industry since that time. The Iowa Motor Truck Association represents over 750 trucking companies from across the state of Iowa and has members in all 99 counties. In Iowa alone, over 78% of all communities depend 100% on trucks for the delivery of goods and services they depend upon. The trucking industry’s association office is headquartered in Des Moines and sits at the foot of Iowa’s State Capitol.
As a member of the 2014 IMTA Leadership Class, Whitney has taken a few days during the last year to participate in various leadership sessions held at the IMTA headquarters. These sessions were set up with presenters from the industry and panelist from the IMTA membership. Some session topics included; Understanding Value of Lobbying and Legislative Issues, Strengthening Your Communication Skills, Business Writing Skills, Leadership is an Art and Identifying your own Leadership Style.
“Our leadership class participants are the up and coming individuals in this industry. We are pleased that Whitney was able to provide leadership and insight to our organization through involvement in the 2014 Leadership Class and we look forward to continued support and involvement in the association,” said Brenda Neville, President & CEO, Iowa Motor Truck Association.